How to protect your face from redness. Follow these 7 key rules.- No sun exposure without SPF 50+ protection effective against UVA and UVB rays... in summer and winter!
- Limit sudden changes in temperature as well as certain climate conditions (extreme temperatures, violent winds)
- In situations of emotional stress, try to focus on your breathing. Inhale, count to 10, then exhale and count to 10 again. Repeat this exercise several times.
- Avoid coffee, alcohol, very hot drinks, spicy foods, etc. that encourage dilatation of the blood vessels.
- In the morning or evening, in order to reduce exposure to stress, "stretch out and relax all your muscles, working all the muscle groups from head to feet", advises the National Rosacea Society,an American association dedicated to rosacea.
- Avoid saunas and long, hot baths.
- Avoid applying corticosteroid creams to the face, unless recommended by a doctor.